Top Ten Most Known Phrases/Words/Quotes In The Book World
Hello everyone! So today’s Top Ten Tuesday is all about the Top Ten Most Known Phrases/Words/Quotes in The Book World. Basically the top ten phrases/words/quotes you have to know as a reader unless you live under a rock. Now these are in order so get ready for some flashbacks, some groans and some heartbreak….here we go:
1) “Always”. This is number one because every single one of you immediately knew what series and book this word came from and who said it. (Harry Potter (and the Deathly Hallows), and Severus Snape for those of you who live under a rock 😉 )
2) “I volunteer as tribute!” If you have not heard this one then you must not be leaving your house at all because this is said everywhere even in schools. Actually mostly in schools.
3) “Okay?” “Okay.” Another thing that you have to know because it’s said everywhere. And I mean everywhere. These wonderful words come from the ever so tearjerker The Fault In Our Stars by John Green….
4) “Yer A Wizard Harry!” Have you guys seen how many memes this single phrase has created? Example A to the left….
5) “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.” Who doesn’t know this quote? I mean every Harry Potter fan and Marauder fan knows this quote by heart.
6) “You love me. Real or not real?” I tell him, “Real.” Well, that was the heartbreak part right there. This is pretty well known by everyone who has read the books because it is the heartbreak scene…well ok it’s more like heart-love (I totally made up that word btw…it’s supposed to be the opposite of heartbreak but I don’t really know what that is so when in doubt, create a new word.) scene and it’s from Suzanne Collins’ Mockingjay…..don’t look at me as I slowly cry….
7) “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possesion of a good fortune must be in want of a good wife.” That quote is from Pride and Prejudice which I bet many people haven’t read. I also bet that many of those people still know this quote and know this quote is from Pride and Prejudice.
8) “Demon pox, oh demon pox
Just how is it acquired?
One must go down to the bad part of town
Until one is very tired.
Demon pox, oh demon pox, I had it all along—
Not the pox, you foolish blocks,
I mean this very song—
For I was right, and you were wrong!” All I have to say is oh Will….I laugh so hard every time I hear/read/think of this….
9) “To love is to to destroy.” If you are a fellow Shadowhunter then you definitely know this quote. And your heart is dead as well because of this quote.
10) “Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” This wonderful quote is by Albus Dumbledore and practically everyone knows this quote by some variation.
Well, that’s all for now everyone! What do you guys think? Do you agree with the order and the phrases? What wuote do you remember the most? Don’t forget to comment your thoughts and answers below! Thanks, have a great day/night and tata for now!