A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas – SPOILER Review
Hi. I’m Angel and I’m currently dead. Why? BC OF THIS GOODNESS GRACIOUS BOOK NAMED A COURT OF MIST AND FURY* BY SARAH J MAAS. Now this post is meant to be a review of sorts. Really it will be a rant and fangirl session that will be me trying not to talk in all caps and say OHMYGOD and I’M DEAD a ton but probs failing so please bear with me. Oh and as I note in the title, there will be tons of spoilers. I’m doing it this way for once for the other 2% of this “review” not filled with OHMYGOD and I’M DEAD. If you want to continue, go press read more and feel my anguish. YAY.
OKAY LET’S GET INTO THIS THING BECAUSE OHMYGOD THIS BOOK*. I JUST FINISHED IT** AND OHMYGOD. ok ok calm down Angel calm down. NO I CAN’T. THIS BOOK. ok let’s start with the process k? THAT SOUNDS REASONABLE. okay good. let’s do this:
- I opened the book and saw a map and freaked out bc MAPS and then I turned to the first page and was like WAIT I REMEMBER NOTHING so I was like PAUSE and read the last 15ish pages of A Court of Thorns and Roses (aka the first book in this series) and finished and was like ok. PLAY
- So I started reading and immediately got this weird feeling that at first I thought meant I didn’t like Feyre but about 20ish pages later (and a mini convo on twitter with @) I realised Feyre had mental health problems caused by Amaranth and Tamlin (blegh) and rather I was projecting my hate of Tamlin onto Feyre so I quickly switched my position and was like I HATE TAMLIN AND RESPECT FEYRE.
note: throughout the first maybe 400 or 500 pages of the book, I would occasionally tweet updates on my progress. thank you to Julia for talking to me then bc I lost my mind several times (yes I know I’ve completely lost my mind now but that’s beside the point)
- Soon after my realization, Rhysand took Feyre away for the first week and let me tell you I was like YES THANK YOU YES bc if she had married Tamlin I think I would have punched something. like y’all saw the way Feyre was describing the process! So I was happy for her when she left Tamlin for the week. Also I was like RHYSAND I LOVE YOU.
note: at this point I realized I didn’t remember if I had shipped Feyre with anyone last book but this book quickly changed that and now I am firmly with Team Rhyere and SO BEYOND AGAINST TAMLIN
- anyways Rhysand took her and that’s when i stopped paying attention to my emotions and just free fell through this book. I literally read through this book as fast I could….while taking breaks to pray and eat lunch of course.
- *skipping to the last 100ish pages of the book* RHYSAND AND FEYRE ARE MATES AND THAT’S WHEN I FLIPPED LIKE OHMYGOD THIS SHIP WAS MEANT TO SAIL AND SAIL IT DID
note: the amount of steamy scenes in this book OHMYGOD. Like I was so happy I read in a different room than where my fam was bc OMG SERIOUSLY *cough THE CHAIR AND LIKE EVERY OTHER SCENE cough*
- anyway after that everything felt like it was going so fast but it was a good fast. And then we get to the last 10-20ish pages and it went like ENTER THE PALACE CAULDRON PUT BOOKS TOGETHER JURIAN KING TAMLIN WORKS WITH KING I HATE YOU TAMLIN EVEN MORE SURPRISINGLY THEN THE STUPID QUEENS THEN ELAIN AND NESTA AND THEN FAE!ELAIN and FAE!NESTA and then it was like YO ELAIN AND LUCIEN ARE MATES WHAT NO and then AMAZING FEYRE IS LIKE *BLAST* AND IS AN AMAZING ACTRESS AND THEN *BREAK BOND* AND THEN ME *CRIES* THEN RHYSAND AND CREW LEAVES AND WAS LIKE HA NAH MAN IT’S COOL AND FEYRE WAS LIKE MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA and then I was like
OHMYGOD I THINK I JUST DIED OHMYGOD I THINK I JUST DIED OHMYGOD I THINK I JUST DIED times like infinity
and that’s where we are now. At my ultimate death. Anyway after I finished and died, I took to Twitter to share the news and then @ and I DM’ed about the book and died together and gif’ed our anguish and then I was like REVIEW so ya NOW that’s where we are….ish. Anyway, for those who read the book (and Imma guess you read the book – or at least don’t care about spoilers – if you’re reading this), what did think? Of this review and the book*? Are all a y’all as dead as I am?? How do I un-dead myself bc this is INSANITY! Like I’ve no other words for this book. I NEED THE NEXT BOOK NOW. okay Imma stop now. Thanks for sticking with me through this wild review, have a good day/night and tata for now!
*This is an affiliate link I have with Amazon 🙂
**at the time I started writing this I had just finished but now it’s like hours later bc ~distractions~ so ya…..