Renegades by Marissa Meyer – Blog Tour
*this post includes affiliate links I have with Amazon*
Hello everyone! So, last week I talked about how one of my favorite things ever is spies, but this week I’m gonna be talking about one of my other loves: superheroes and villains! Now, why am I talking about superheroes & villains? Because there is an awesome superhero/villain book out in the world called Renegades* by Marissa Meyer and you guys sooooooooo need to read it! Now, because I love s/v’s so much, I decided that, for my stop on the Renegades blog tour, I’m going to tell you my top 5 favorite literary superheroes and 5 least favorite literary villains. Before I get into the lists, though, here’s the synopsis for Renegades, via Goodreads:
She wants vengeance. He wants justice.
The Renegades are a syndicate of prodigies—humans with extraordinary abilities—who emerged from the ruins of a crumbled society and established peace and order where chaos reigned. As champions of justice, they remain a symbol of hope and courage to everyone…except the villains they once overthrew.
Nova has a reason to hate the Renegades, and she is on a mission for vengeance. As she gets closer to her target, she meets Adrian, a Renegade boy who believes in justice—and in Nova. But Nova’s allegiance is to a villain who has the power to end them both.
Doesn’t that sound freaking awesome!?! Now, as not-really-promised, here are my 5 favorite literary superheroes:
- Hermione Granger (from the Harry Potter* series) – this was such a duh because I love Hermione so much and the amount of awesome she is surpasses all requirements to be a superhero. Plus, she is already a hero for helping to save the wizarding world!
- Simon Lewis (from The Mortal Instruments* series) – …..is bae and therefore automatically gets a spot on the superhero list
- Percy Jackson and the entire gang (from the Percy Jackson* series and Heroes of Olympus* series) – I love them all, they are such sweethearts but also so powerful and I love them and they all are superheroes
- the Gallagher Girls (from the Gallagher Girls* series) – we already know I love spies and boarding schools and this was the OG spy/boarding school book that started it all so of course the Girls had to get a spot on my faves list
- the Women’s Murder Club (from the Women’s Murder Club* series) – seriously, I love everything about how they solve crimes together and navigate the ups and downs of life and I think they are such superheroes
and here are my 5 least favorite villains:
- Dumbledore (from the Harry Potter* series) – ya, I said that right. I count him as a villain because, though he was technically on the light side, he also is a really horrible person to Harry Potter (D placed HP in an abusive home even though H was so obviously supposed to go to Sirius and D could have easily figured out Sirius was innocent) and the other kids in the series (THEY SHOULD’NT HAVE FOUGHT IN THE WAR, AND ALMOST ALL THE TEACHERS D PICKED WERE RIDICULOUS AND HORRIBLE OMG) so yeah I do not like Dumbledore the most since he’s supposed to be a good person but really he’s not. There are other reasons why I don’t like D and I will happily say why but there is not enough room here to say unfort. But ask me, and I will surely let you know em alllllll
- Dolores Umbridge (from the Harry Potter* series) – I don’t need to say anything for her, she just is.
- Voldemort (from the Harry Potter* series) – he’s seriously just a dumb butt like what the even
- King Hybern (from the A Court of Thorns and Roses* series) – also a dumb butt but more so because I still don’t get why there was a war. So many dumb reasons.
- Hades (from legit anything Greek mythology) – he’s not exactly my least favorite (I quite like him sometimes tbh) but I think he is always written in such a bad way and it’s just….why??? the man didn’t do anything bruh
and as a bonus for the anti-heroes, I’ve got to give it to the entire Dregs gang from the Six of Crows/Crooked Kingdom* duology as they are 100% faves but they are neither villain nor superhero, so, like the special people they are, they’re in their own category lol
Aaaaand that’s it! Who are your favorite superheroes, villains, and/or anti-heroes? Also, are you a Renegade (aka superhero) or an Anarchist (villain)? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below! Personally, I’ve no idea because I love the darker colours of the Anarchists but I also want to be a Renegade lol Anyways, thank you to the lovely team at Fierce Reads for letting me be on the blog tour and thank YOU for reading the post! Don’t forget to check out Renegades*, have a great day/night and tata for now!
*this post includes affiliate links I have with Amazon 😀