Superhero Sunday Guest Post – Tanya @ Bookish Fangirl
Hi! For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Tanya and I run the website Bookish Fangirl! I’m here to take over Angel’s blog to bring you a Summer Blogger Promo Tour (SBPT) post. If you’re unfamiliar with what SBPT is, it is a two-month long post tour created by The Book Bratz, where Angel and I partner up and bring fun content to you guys! Today’s fun content is a bookish meme post and I am doing Superhero Sunday where I’ll be listing my top six favorite comics:
- The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina- the TV show Sabrina the Teenage Witch was loosely based on this comic. The comic book version is much darker and there is going to be a tv show that will air on Netflix that is more closely based on the comic than the show starring Melissa Joan Hart. Sabrina isn’t a superhero but this comic is too good to not be included.
- The Archie comic books – the CW show Riverdale is based on the characters from the Archie comics. The second season ended not long ago but I’m already looking forward to seeing where season three will go. There aren’t any superheroes in this comic either but the characters are pretty great. I love how the four main characters solve crimes in the tv show version.
- Luke Cage – Luke Cage is on the list because despite having superhero powers he doesn’t consider himself a hero. There is also a Netflix show of the same name and it was the show that got me into the comic book version.
- Wynonna Earp – this is probably my favorite comic on this list. I love the premise and the tv show version that plays on the Syfy channel is great. I totally ship Waverly and Nicole. The character of Wynonna Earp is a badass and I love all the references to Wyatt Earp. The character Doc Holliday also keeps things interesting.
- Jessica Jones – Jessica Jones made the list because, like Luke Cage, she doesn’t consider herself a hero. She’s very rough around the edges but that’s just one of the reasons I find her relatable.
- Black Widow – this is also a favorite because Natasha Romanov AKA Black Widow kicks butt. She plays a large part in The Avengers comic books but she also has her own comics.
And that’s it for today. What are your favorite comic books? Let me know in the comments below! Also, check out Angel’s guest post on my blog!
Tanya @ Bookish Fangirl