Supervillain & Me by Danielle Banas – Review
*this post includes affiliate links I have with Amazon*
Welcome, all superheroes and villains! Today I bring to you a review of a pretty awesome book: Supervillain & Me* by Danielle Banas! I absolutely adored everything about it and can’t wait to tell you why! First, though, before I get into my non-spoilery review, here’s the synopsis, via Goodreads:
Never trust a guy in spandex.
In Abby Hamilton’s world, superheroes do more than just stop crime and save cats stuck in trees—they also drink milk straight from the carton and hog the television remote. Abby’s older brother moonlights as the famous Red Comet, but without powers of her own, following in his footsteps has never crossed her mind.
That is until the city’s newest vigilante comes bursting into her life.
After saving Abby from an attempted mugging, Morriston’s fledgling supervillain Iron Phantom convinces her that he’s not as evil as everyone says, and that their city is under a vicious new threat. As Abby follows him deeper into their city’s darkest secrets, she comes to learn that heroes can’t always be trusted, and sometimes it’s the good guys who wear black.
Intrigued, right? It really is….
- Loved the plot and mystery and underlying romance of it
- Reminded me of Renegades a bit but felt less official/serious and more personal if that makes sense?
- Really enjoyed the characters and how personal and authentic they felt, especially with the relationships (romance and not) between all the characters and specifically within Abby’s family
- TBH I think my other favourite thing about Supervillain & Me is Abby’s family and how we see being superheroes affect them and how the plot affects them
- Lastly, Iron Phantom/their real name (no spoilers!) is bae and my fave character in the book and that’s all I will say about them
All in all, this was probably one of my favorite superhero books ever. I loved every second of it and was disappointed in the end up until I realized there was going to be a sequel (yayyy!!!) Anyways, have you guys read Supervillain & Me*? If so, what did you think? Let me know in the comments below! Thanks, have a great day/night and tata for now!
*this post includes affiliate links I have with Amazon 😀